Activities & Services
You’ll find time aboard Jahan relaxing and enlightening - the perfect place to relax between exploring the temples and towns and learning the way of life along the river.
Jahan features open and covered deck spaces, a lounge and plenty of room to gather with a few friends or find a bit of peace by yourself with a book. You’re invited to roam the ship, discovering its nooks and crannies.
Public spaces for gathering and relaxing
- Lounge: At the stern of the upper deck you’ll find the enclosed, air-conditioned lobby lounge. This is the heart of the expedition community, and the venue for where you'll gather for talks and evening Recaps. It is outfitted with facilities for films and offers generous space for the entire community. Bar service is available here all day and until the last guest leaves at night. Immediately adjacent are the reception area and the boutique.
- Observatory: Located on the forward part of the terrace deck, this covered, comfortable space is a great place to watch the scenery along the Mekong and its tributaries.
- Pool area: On the terrace deck, you’ll find a small spa pool surrounded by deck chairs - a perfect place to enjoy the time between exploring historical sites or villages. The area is covered.
- Funnel bar: The covered funnel bar, on the terrace deck, is surrounded by tables and chairs, and is a great place for a sundowner or a nightcap, or for relaxing during the day and enjoying the scenery.
- Bridge: Jahan operates with an open bridge policy, and you are welcome to join the watch officer and see the calm business of river navigation unfold.
- Wellness aboard: Greet the morning with Tai Chi stretching in the open air of the terrace deck. Soak up some sun on the open top deck by the pool, or make use of the ship’s steam bath. The fitness room is equipped with several cardio machines if you choose to work out while traveling. End your day with a massage in the ship’s Apsara Spa, which offers a broad range of massages and pampering treatments.
All gratuities ashore are included in your expedition cost. Gratuities to crew aboard ship are at your own discretion. If you wish to leave a gratuity, the recommended tipping guideline is $180 per guest per week aboard the ship. The gratuities will be divided among the naturalist guides and crew members on board.
- Bath Amenities/Toiletries
- Hair Dryer
- Luxury Bedding
- Minibar and/or Refrigerator
- Private Bathrooms
- Educational/Enrichment Programs
- Infirmary / Medical Center A doctor is aboard Jahan and available 24 hours a day at no charge.
- Laundry Service (nominal fee) Laundry is available at an additional charge. There is no dry cleaning.
- Fitness Room
- Massage Service
- Outdoor Swimming Pool(s)
- Steam Room
- All Non-Alcoholic Beverages Included In Cruise Fare
- Dining Style: Open Seating
- Single Seating Meals The dining room, at the stern of the terrace deck, accommodates the entire expedition community in a single seating.